DISABILITY EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
DVJS is a Commonwealth government funded employment service offering people with disabilities a case managed program designed to get award waged employment that suits their individual needs, interests & abilities. DVJS is a FREE service to job seekers & employers. DVJS caters for all disability types. No matter what type of disability you have, you can expect that the program you receive will be designed around assisting you to choose, obtain & keep the job of your choice.
1. To help you in choosing a job we can.
- Identify barriers to employment.
- Set up work experience opportunities & "on the job" skill assessments.
- Support you in making the right employment choices.
2. To help you get a job we can assist you by.
- Preparing professional resumes & job applications.
- Developing your job search skills & interview techniques via case management.
- Setting up work experience opportunities with our employers.
- Arranging job interviews on your behalf & supporting you at these, if needed.
3. To help you keep your job we provide.
- Initial "on the job" training if required.
- On-going support to you & the employer until it is no longer required.
- Workplace modifications & equipment on your behalf if required.
- Employment Incentives to your employer.
Why use DVJS?
Getting a job is not easy. Job searching should be done each day. Why not use a professional agency that will work with you every day? Here are some reasons why we think DVJS would be of benefit to you.
- DVJS is one of the most successful agencies of its kind. Our success and high standard of service is proven by the large number of job placements & job seeker referrals we get each year.
- DVJS has been operating since 1993...our systems are tried and tested. We have assisted thousands of job seekers with a disability to get & keep long term employment matched to their skills, qualifications, education & interests.
- DVJS staff are qualified & experienced in assisting people with disabilities obtain employment & are committed to helping you achieve your goals.
- Due to our great reputation employers use & rely on DVJS to fill their job vacancies rather than advertise.
- In addition to case management, we provide a range of pre-employment activities to better prepare you for employment including work assessment, mock interviews & work experience placements.
- Our Business Development team finds employers who will understand & support your disability. This is demonstrated by having several of our work sites being nominated & winning the Prime Ministers Award for the best employer of people with disabilities.
- We provide employers with incentives for employing you such as arranging generous wage subsidies & funding for work place modifications on your behalf if required.